Monday 8 February 2010

My baby's fourth birthday and finished quilt

Hurray!! I finally finished Freya's quilt last night, and very pretty too, if I don't say so myself!  She was so happy with it and snuggled up straight to sleep with it on her bed.  Not so sure about the white with a six year old after the felt pen incident with her younger sister's quilt, but we shall see!


The pattern is garden trellis and I machine quilted with a stipple all over.


Detail of the stippling



My youngest, Audrey was four over the weekend.  I can't believe how time has flown, she still feels like my little baby!  We had been out the day before to choose a party dress for her and this was the outfit she chose (very pink and frilly - not necessarily what I would have chosen) but she did look so cute.  We held a build a bear party for her and as she went to bed she said she had had the loveliest birthday ever.  What a cutie, I do love her so.


Here she is on her new High School Musical bed sheets (note - missing the quilt that mummy has made! which has had to be put away for while until felt tip pen's can be kept away from it - we had a bit of an incident)


In action - opening pressies

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! You did a lovely job. Happy 4th bday to your little one! (Yippee, you are out of the difficult 3s!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails